Welcome on the official website of HPA!
Plastics are man-made or modified giant molecule materials, organic polymers. They are present in almost every important area in our life, in households, vehicles, healthcare, electronics, construction, space exploration, etc. Their development, the application of the components made from them, and the world of shapes are limited only by human imagination.
We are convinced that products made of plastics contribute positively to the sustainable development of humanity. These are also proven by complex life cycle analyzes carried out for different fields of application, covering both technical, economic and environmental protection aspects.
PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION OF THE HUNGARIAN PLASTICS ASSOCIATION
Hungarian Plastics Association/HPA represents the plastic manufacturing and plastic processing companies operating in Hungary.
Promoting the rise of plastics in the competition for structural materials and thus the development opportunities of our industry. We are convinced that products made of plastics contribute positively to the sustainable development of humanity. This is proven by a complex life cycle analysis carried out for many different fields of application, covering both technical, economic and environmental protection aspects. The plastics industry is developing faster than the growth rate of the national income both globally and in Hungary.
Goals of our association
Effective representation of the professional interests of the domestic plastics industry in legislative processes, government bodies and authorities. Strengthening the image of plastics by objectively presenting their advantages. Facilitating cooperation between plastic raw material manufacturers, plastic converters and users of plastic products.
The most important elements of our activities
- Professional opinion on legislative proposals and draft legislation
- Information collection and processing, tracking the development of the industry
- Cooperation with domestic and international professional associations
- Relationship building researcher, developer. with rating institutions
- Support for professional education in the plastics industry
- PR activities, relations with the press and NGOs
- During the integration into the operating systems of the EU, the interest representation activity increased in value. We will continue to strive to satisfy the increased information needs of our member companies.
- Dissemination and use of knowledge acquired during participation in R+D+I programs supported by the EU
Introduction of Hungarian Plastics Association
The Hungarian Plastics Association (HPA) was funded in 1991 as a trade association of the Hungarian Chemical Industry Association. Our association represents the professional interests of the plastics industry, provides consultation and contact between members, continuously monitors domestic and foreign development, production and business processes, and provides members with professional information based on these.
The Hungarian Plastics Industry Association initiates, coordinates and organizes coordinated action on all issues that arise during the enforcement of the members’ interests, thus
- professional advocacy towards legislation
- representation of professional interests at organizations acting as authorities
- representing the Hungarian plastics industry at international professional forums
- coordinating the environmental protection activities of the plastics industry and shaping the related social perception
- coordination of the general trade policy /customs, etc./ of the plastics industry
- improving the social perception of the plastics industry, maintaining contact with mass communication organizations.
In order to carry out the above tasks efficiently, we have formed four dedicated responsibility-areas – lead by our vice-presidents (see in “Strategy” detailed below).
Our international relations
Ms. KATALIN ELVIRA HAJDÁRNÉ Molnár
the president of HPA,
President and CEO of PEMÜ ZRT.
Mr. Sándor GERA
general vice president of HPA,
head Sales and Support manager of MOL Petrolkémia
Dr. Zoltán DEMJÉN
vice president of HPA,
former sales director of BASF HUNGARY LTD.,
area of responsibility: circularity, recycling
Mr. László HOLLÓ
vice president of HPA,
managing director of RAVEN INVEST KFT.,
area of responsibility: business development, external relations
Mr. Tamás PALÓCZ
vice president of HPA,
executive director of KAPOSPLAST KFT.,
responsibilities: communication, publicity
Dr. Andrea TOLDY
the vice president of HPA,
responsibilities: training, attitude formation
Mr. László BŰDY
managing director of myCEPPI Kft
Ms. Szilvia KARSAI
managing director of KARSAI PLAST
Ms. Andrea KOCSÁNNE OLASZ
country manager, Flexya
Mr. Máté KONKOLY-THEGE
managing director of THEGE-PLASTIK KFT.
Dr. János KUCSMA
consultant, former managing director of MERAXIS Hungary Kft
Ms. Imre BOCSKOR
managing director of WITTMAN BATTENFELD Kft
Ms. Judit FARKASNÉ LÉNÁRT
former senior consultatnt of KAYS Kft
Ms. Anikó NYÉKINÉ PACZOLAY
former managing director of SABIC HUNGARY Kft
Ms. Zsuzsanna PATAKI
country manager, Envipco Hungary Kft.
Mr. Gábor FARKASS